Sunday, 8 March 2015

Week 7: Report and Reflection

Good evening everyone!

This week we were introduced to Google Docs. Basically, Google Docs allows you to create a document, just like a Word document, and share it with the world! Once you share the document with the people you want to share it with, it allows them to edit the document as they please. When they sign into the document, their edits will show up in different colors to identify who have made the changes. This is not only an awesome tool for group projects, but also for working professionals! It allows for team/group members to work together without physically being together. It saves time, effort, and allows for a new dynamic to be created within groups and teams. Since Google Doc can share to the others and let others edit, students can conveniently work on the document at anytime they choose, no need for the hassle of planning a group meeting or anything. Overall,I think Google Docs is an extremely important tool for working professionals and students. It increases productivity like no other tool, and it really should be implemented by group members in order to better their work. If you haven't given it a try then I strongly suggest you do so.

I found a really interesting topic from my feedly this week that is really relative to me as a co-op student. It's called How to Answer the Question 'What is your Greatest Accomplishment?'. In many of the interviews I've been in, this question as come up. As much as I practice and prepare for my interviews, this question always becomes a challenging questions for me to answer. At this age, I personally haven't accomplished many things that will necessarily "wow" the interviewers infront of me. This article does a great job of explaining how to approach the questions and provides very useful tips on what types of accomplishments you should use. If you'd like to better your interview skills and answers, give it a read!

Regards,


Zaed Yousif

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zaed!

    I also really enjoyed the share feature of Google Docs! I found it so cool and efficient that two people can work on the same thing at the same time without the hassle of having to send the other group members slides, info, etc. Between Today'sMeet, Evernote and Google Docs share feature, I'll never look at group work the same again!

    Vinnie

    ReplyDelete