Sunday, 1 March 2015

Week 6: Report and Reflection

Hey everyone!

 For week 6, I was introduced to a new tool called "Evernote." When I had first read the activity for week 6, I chuckled a little bit when I saw the Evernote logo. As a Blackberry user, Evernote comes pre-installed into my phone. Ever since I've had my phone, I've always wondered what this application does, so I was really excited to finally actually be given the chance to learn bout it. Evernote is basically an application and a webpage for users to take notes, insert and save pictures and various websites. In addition, it also has this feature called web clipper, which allows us to clip articles and actual web pages to your notes. What is so awesome about it is that it is not only for Blackberry! I can use it on my computer and you guys can also download the app on your smart phones!  Finally, it is also allows you to actually share your notes with your colleagues and class mates, which is a HUGE plus. To me, Evernote can be used in every setting. Whether your're a student, or a working professional. 

In my personal PLE, I would classify Evernote as a tool under the "Organizing" category since I have "note taking" under that category. Evernote basically is a digital advanced way to take notes. I found the app very useful to search for topics related to my research project. I had the opportunity to sort all my notes in the way that I wanted them to be sorted. Furthermore, I had the ability to share my notes with my groupmates and my instructor, which only makes group work that much easier. I really recommend this application to everyone! It is very user-friendly, and you can tell that the developer really had kept students in mind when creating it. Give it a try, it will only help you in your work!

I want to share with you all a very interesting article from my feedly this week. If you've been keeping up with my posts, you'll be very used to me posting articles about the Toronto Raptors. I've decided to change it up a little bit this week. As a co-op student, I constantly find myself facing challenges and problems in the work place. Often times, I'm scared to bring these issues up to my boss because I don't want to be looked down upon. This article "How to Approach the Boss When Conflict Arises" gives about 10 tips on how to deal with that fear or stress. It put so many thoughts into perspective for me, and I really could take away something from every idea that Forbes provided. Give it a read guys!

Regards,


-ZY

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zaed,

    Thanks a lot for the link as I found it very helpful. I still believe that Evernote should be classified under "create" category of the PLE as well because one can add and customize anything to their Evernote and also I agree with you that Evernote is a great tool not just for only students but also for instructors and office workers.

    ReplyDelete