Saturday, 4 April 2015

Week 11: Report and Reflection

Good afternoon bloggers,
This week I was introduced to several pod cast and screen casting tools in order to create my very own web cast. For more details on which tool I used and to listen to my pod cast, check out my page called "Podcast." Living in today's world involves living in a digital environment as well. Because of this, we have an obligation as digital citizens to take care of this environment. We are truly privileged to have access to hundreds of different tools in order to create a diverse and creative digital environment, but at the same time there comes an enormous amount of responsibility on our end as users. In my opinion, everything starts with communication. Communication is an extremely key aspect of digital citizenship because that is what the digital environment is based on. Everything you see online is a communication of some sort, whether it is a thought, idea, process, etc. Following communication, there are many different responsibilities we have on HOW to properly communicate with each other. We need to really have a good idea on what type of communication is right or wrong, and how to seriously avoid situations evolving into cyber bullying. I have had experiences working with others in my class on projects without even meeting my classmates in person. This is a great example where cyber manners really comes into play. Communicating with each other allowed for us to stay on the same page, and work efficiently to complete our goals. SoundCloud has made me realise all of this, and is definitely a tool I am adding to my PLE.
This week, NBA history has been made! I'd like to share with you an article called Kings' Sim Bhullar embracing place in NBA history. This article explains how Sim Bhullar is the first player of Indian decent to ever be signed to an NBA team. Why I personally like this article is because, Sim is actually also Canadian! Sim comes from an Indian family who moved to Canada when he was very young. It's great to see the success of those from our great country, and truly proves that you can do anything as long as you set your mind to it. Give it a read!
-Zaed

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zaed,

    I agree what you have mentioned about the importance of communication. Communication is very important for human relationship, and especially for digital communication. As you said, cyber bullying is increasing all the time nowadays. People can avoid it happens if people have the basic knowledge about digital communication, respect everyone and be nice to other digital citizen.

    Thanks your sharing!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zaed, I totally agree that we are extremely privileged to be able to access so many different tools which increase our knowledge and status of being a good digital citizen however at the same time we must ensure that we use these tools and access this information with respect and responsibility. Thank you for sharing and happy Easter!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zaed,

    I totally agree with what you have said about communication. In my opinion, I think it is very important for people these days because it help them to manage their task and doing it fast! I also agree about the negative and positive sides for the digital communication.

    Yousef

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Zaed,
    Great post! As you mentioned about communication, I totaly agree that communication is important for us especially when we are in digital world. Having a great communication also helps to provide a good environment.
    I also enjoy reading the article you posted.
    Cheers,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete