Saturday, 4 April 2015

Week 12: Report and Reflection

Hey bloggers,

For twelve weeks now, these blog posts have been my way of sharing my thoughts, ideas, and opinions on various digital tools that I have been discovering and learning about. I have learned to become a better digital citizen and build a digital footprint through these blog posts, and through social media. It's great to look back at my journey and see how much I have learned throughout these past four months. Most importantly, it's great to see how much better I have become as a digital citizen.

You may not know it, but you and I have been building or digital footprints ever since we first started using technology. Your digital footprint is a reflection on what you have contributed to the digital environment, and how you have contributed it. We need to be aware of how we portray ourselves through out digital footprint, mainly with social media. We need to realise that once we post something online, it is there FOREVER. We must open our minds and learn how we properly use the online tools we are privileged with. This will create a huge difference within the digital community, adding a more positive feel and making everyone welcome.

As a digital citizen, it is my responsibility to promote a positive environment. My biggest concern is cyber bullying and how to stop and prevent it. And this isn't something I can or should be doing alone. If we all want to be good digital citizens, this is a stand that we need to take together. We need to stand up for those who are harassed online, and we need to educate those who are harassing. We need to cater to both sides of the bullying, it isn't fair for us to just focus on the victim.

There are many great tools and sites that I have learned about that can be used to educate us all. A great example of this is k12learning20.wikispaces.com. This site provides details for new comers into the digital environment. The onus is on ourselves to embrace the responsibility we have and contribute in a positive manner. It is important that we seek out others. We should do our best to network and interact with those around us. Many people learn better when they see the positive of actions of others, therefore we should always be on the top of our game in case people are looking to us in order to learn. 

This experience has allowed me to come across many great tools and many great people. The lessons I learned are things I can take with me in order to better myself as a student, professional, and as an overall person. Thank you for taking this journey with me!

-Zaed

No comments:

Post a Comment