Saturday, 7 February 2015

Week 4: Report and Relection

Hey fellow bloggers!

This week we were asked to check out a couple of tools and curations and really try our best to learn to use them. Diigo is the only bookmarking tool that I enjoyed using. For starters, I found it incredibly easy to learn and use. I never found myself stumped not knowing what to do next, everything on the website is straight forward and easy to learn. Diigo really organizes your bookmarks in a way where it is easy for the user to refer back to what they were reading. This is done through the layout of the website, as well as the ability to create tags and descriptions for every website you bookmark. Also, the ability to highlight texts really pushed the tool over the top for me. There are many times when I search for websites for school assignments and that tool can come in handy. In my own opinion, if Diigo really wanted to sell itself to our generation, it should emphasize on the fact that you can access your cloud from our PC, MAC, iPad, and your iPhone or Android. Our generation wants every piece of information that we need at our fingertips, this is exactly what Diigo does. From an overall stand point, Diigo really saves you time and effort. Having all your bookmarks in one location, categorized, and explained really makes referring back to those bookmarks easier. I really believe that every student in particular should give this tool a try. It can only benefit and make your school work much better.

The second tool that I really enjoyed using was Paper.li. Paper.li is a curation tool that allows you to create a newspaper based on topics and stories that you are interested in After you create an account, you basically search key words that reflect the topics you are interested in, and the website creates a newspaper for you including all those topics. It even updates all on its own!. It includes articles, tweets, videos, and photos, which allows you to obtain so much pieces of information. This is a great way to keep up with my PLE, since it keeps me connected to so many different things. This tool is another great tool that I recommend for all of you!

Take a look at my newspaper!

Yousif, Z. (CC) 2015.

Finally, I'd like to share with you guys something really exciting that happened this week! 

http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-rally-cut-down-clippers

This article is from my Feedly, and it's a great article on the great win by the Toronto Raptors on Friday night! It really shows how great the Raptors are clicking and how awesome their team chemistry is. With regards to my PLE, "collaborating" really takes great team work and team chemistry. The Raptors possess the tools to be a great team because of how they collaborate, I can really learn a lot from how they operate together. Thanks for reading!

Regards,


-ZY

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zaed!

    I was impressed by your newspaper that you made through Paper.li.

    Scoop.it looks just like your snap shot, which is another content curation tool introduced to us last week.

    It's interesting to see your passion for spots shine through the articles that you chose to share in Paper.li, and I find that this will continue to grow as we progress through this ADED1P32 course.

    One of the beauties about learning and sharing online is that we are given the chance to network with others who may share our passions, through different channels such as our blogs, Twitter and now these content curation tools. I hope that you're having fun exploring all of these options and the many more that will surely come.

    - Cate

    ReplyDelete